1. Write down the compelling customer need you are addressing. Be sure to:
- Say who the target customer is
- Keep the whole thing to 100 words or less (1 or 2 sentences is a good target)
- Word it in such a way as your grandmother would understand it
(yes - this really can be done, no matter how complex your business is)
2. Read your compelling-need statement to 10 people, and ask them if:
- Does it make sense? Do they understand what you're saying?
- Do they think it would be compelling for the target customers?
© Copyright 2012 Oregon Technology Business Center